Wonder Day 11.18.14 - James Haywood Rolling, Jr.


I want to provoke dialogue about what it means to be human, to be creative, and to value the stories we live by even if those stories are not originated in one's personal experience and those stories must first be moved from the unfamiliar to home. I hope I am already doing this, but if I am not I will tell more stories and write more poetry and craft more imagery worth sharing and reinterpreting until they are no longer my own. This is because stories, like any other food, are an agency for change, for growth, for development, for life, for health, and for the transfer of all our accumulated energies after present life has passed over into its next form.

James Haywood Rolling, Jr. - authordual professor of Art Education and Teaching & Leadership, Syracuse University
Image credit: James Haywood Rolling, Jr.